Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
Artful_Dodger
Mario
underPressure
Zotthel
8 posters

The Little Girl Who Lives Down The Lane

Zotthel
    Zotthel

Humor : great

The Little Girl Who Lives Down The Lane Empty The Little Girl Who Lives Down The Lane

Post  Zotthel Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:06 am

This is my favourite Jodie Foster Movie!!!

part1

underPressure
    underPressure

Humor : What..what…what difference does it make WHERE you buy underwear? It is underwear where ever you buy it! Charlie Babbitt

The Little Girl Who Lives Down The Lane Empty Re: The Little Girl Who Lives Down The Lane

Post  underPressure Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:23 pm

And you get the foreshadowing yell of "this is my house!" (Kristen Stewart teaches her a new way to say it in "Panic Room.")

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgfehDV3Bz4
    Mario
    Mario

Humor : You know when your sitting in a chair and you lean back so you're on just 2 legs and you almost fall over and at the last second you catch yourself? I feel like that all the time.

The Little Girl Who Lives Down The Lane Empty Re: The Little Girl Who Lives Down The Lane

Post  Mario Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:07 pm

Actually this is the only true Jodie Foster film.
    Artful_Dodger
    Artful_Dodger

Post  Artful_Dodger Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:10 pm

Why do you say that?
    Eugene
    Eugene
    Admin

Post  Eugene Thu May 12, 2011 9:42 pm

The Little Girl Who Lives Down The Lane 83633912f15c93b6e2bdc7d4692c121e
    Artful_Dodger
    Artful_Dodger

Post  Artful_Dodger Thu May 12, 2011 10:58 pm

I think I have to bite the bullet and finally see this movie. pop
    Eugene
    Eugene
    Admin

Post  Eugene Thu May 12, 2011 11:17 pm

sm74 Never do that you do not want.
    Artful_Dodger
    Artful_Dodger

Post  Artful_Dodger Thu May 12, 2011 11:44 pm

kiss Thank you. Half of me does and half of me doesn't.
    silverline
    silverline

Humor : 8

Post  silverline Fri May 13, 2011 12:09 am

I have never seen this movie. Its kind of creepy. I was nearly going to buy it the other month but it was the most expensive jf film on dvd i saw on the shelf!
    Artful_Dodger
    Artful_Dodger

Post  Artful_Dodger Fri May 13, 2011 1:02 pm

I have it. It's been sitting on my shelf for years now. *sigh* I'm such a procrastinator.
    Mario
    Mario

Humor : You know when your sitting in a chair and you lean back so you're on just 2 legs and you almost fall over and at the last second you catch yourself? I feel like that all the time.

Post  Mario Fri May 13, 2011 4:45 pm

Hm...and I wonder how often you can watch a DVD before it shows abrasion from the laser. Maybe I should buy a 2nd one. Wink
    Artful_Dodger
    Artful_Dodger

Post  Artful_Dodger Sat May 14, 2011 7:54 am

Smile
    Mario
    Mario

Post  Mario Sat May 14, 2011 2:33 pm

Artful_Dodger
    Artful_Dodger

Post  Artful_Dodger Sat May 14, 2011 3:57 pm

:ww: Is there enough room? lol
    Eugene
    Eugene
    Admin

Post  Eugene Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:59 am

Artful_Dodger
    Artful_Dodger

Post  Artful_Dodger Sat Jun 04, 2011 5:25 pm

But a great performance! Well, I'll know soon anyway.
    Mario
    Mario

Post  Mario Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:34 pm

Exactly what you can expect when mainstream media discovers cult films decades later. I'm so impressed... >>Jodie Foster: carrying entire films since elementary school.<< Wow, groundbreaking! Wrong details, wrong spelling, really dumb description of the story. This guy is an a*
    Artful_Dodger
    Artful_Dodger

Post  Artful_Dodger Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:36 pm

I know your review would be way better, Mario.
    Mario
    Mario

Post  Mario Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:21 pm

Think I'll ask the guys who hacked Sony for deletion of this stupid article.

There is no need for writing a new review. It's all said already, since years. Every true TLG fan has his or her very own story about that. If you can't add something new, really new insights, if you just write for a little applause from the clueless by making fun out of this great little film you better don't write anything at all.
    Artful_Dodger
    Artful_Dodger

Post  Artful_Dodger Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:08 pm

Exactly, Mario. Even though I haven't seen it yet, I think TLG is more of the mood I'm in these days, and I take it very seriously!
    Mario
    Mario

Post  Mario Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:07 pm

I was sounding like an a* myself. I'm sorry, don't blame me for my feelings for this movie. Actually I'm happy about anything that makes TLG not forgotten. It's just because if you spent hundreds of hours with investigations and in-depth analysis and you read something like this article you want to go *facepalm* It's 2011 and that's all this guy has to say? Even if you look for funny reviews you can find better ones from decades ago. I can't help, it just makes me sad.

Besides you can make fun out of almost every JF movie. Nell, SOTL, and many more JF classics all have their stupid moments if you look back. Film, like any other artwork, always mirrors its Zeitgeist. Laird Koenig wrote the book, Nicolas Gessner and him developed the screenplay. It's a simple, minimalistic story. Gessner knew exactly what this story really is about at its core.

And Jodie, in her first starring role, does what she always does. She _is_ this character. She's mysterious and open like a book, she's strong and pretty vulnerable, independent and at the mercy of others. There was not only a lot of emotion in front of the camera. And if you look closely you can feel that. If JF is really the person from her own interviews she must see the complexity in TLG and her role. She likes story-telling, multi-dimensional character studies? Here it is.

PS. Q What has http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helter_Skelter_%28book%29 got to do with TLG?
    The answer, later this year on rynnjacobs.com
    Artful_Dodger
    Artful_Dodger

Post  Artful_Dodger Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:59 am

You had me until the Helter Skelter part, Mario.
    Mario
    Mario

Post  Mario Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:49 pm

Has nothing to do with the film itself. It tells something about the sensitive person Jodie was as a teen.
    Artful_Dodger
    Artful_Dodger

Post  Artful_Dodger Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:33 am

Um, okay.
    K
    K

Humor : That should have a &quot;u&quot; in it.

Post  K Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:14 am

Nicolas Gessner was also the director of Sharon Tate's last film, 12+1!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 2:39 am