Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Artful_Dodger
Eugene
6 posters

Carnage

Eugene
    Eugene
    Admin

Carnage  Empty Carnage

Post  Eugene Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:12 pm

Carnage (2012)
    Director: Roman Polanski
    Writers: Roman Polanski (screenplay), Yasmina Reza (play)
    Credited cast:
    Kate Winslet
    Jodie Foster
    Christoph Waltz
    Matt Dillon

Tells the story of two sets of parents who decide to have a cordial meeting after their sons are involved in a schoolyard brawl.

IMDb

http://egenamy.friendhood.net/latest-news-f6/winslet-foster-lead-polanski-helmed-god-of-carnage-film-t112.htm

Last edited by Eugene on Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Artful_Dodger
    Artful_Dodger

Carnage  Empty Re: Carnage

Post  Artful_Dodger Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:47 pm

A new movie! Very Happy cxf lala sm29 Yay, JF!!
    Eugene
    Eugene
    Admin

Post  Eugene Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:03 pm

Hey, AD!I hope this time you'll be in New York for the shooting of this film.
    Artful_Dodger
    Artful_Dodger

Post  Artful_Dodger Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:12 am

Sad *sigh* I would love to go to France.
    underPressure
    underPressure

Humor : What..what…what difference does it make WHERE you buy underwear? It is underwear where ever you buy it! Charlie Babbitt

Post  underPressure Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:55 am

SSSSSSHHHHHHHHSSSSSHHHHHHHushhhhhhhhhhh!

We must all keep deathly quiet!
    Eugene
    Eugene
    Admin

Post  Eugene Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:46 pm

Carnage  7a535f11ad3a
    Eugene
    Eugene
    Admin

Carnage  Empty .Kate Winslet, Jodie Foster Shooting Roman Polanski's 'God of Carnage' in Paris

Post  Eugene Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:47 pm

Christoph Waltz and John C. Reilly are also among the cast members in the big-screen adaptation of the Tony-winning play.
    LONDON -- Kate Winslet, Jodie Foster, Christoph Waltz and John C. Reilly have all assembled in Paris to shoot Roman Polanski’s big-screen adaptation of Yasmina Reza's Tony Award-winning comedy The God of Carnage.

The story follows the aftermath of a showdown between two children aged around eleven in a local playground when the parents of the victim invite those of the bully to talk it out. Carnage ensues after an initially cordial meeting turns sour.

The movie, simply entitled Carnage, stars Winslet (The Reader) and Waltz (Inglourious Basterds) as husband and wife Nancy and Alan, opposite Foster and Reilly (We Need to Talk About Kevin) as Penelope and Michael, respectively.

Reza joined Polanski in adapting the play for the big screen which is set in Brooklyn. The play was originally set in Paris when it premiered back in 2006, but changed to Brooklyn when it transferred to Broadway in 2009.

Jeff Daniels, Hope Davis, James Gandolfini and Marcia Gay Harden played the parents in the original Broadway production.

“As soon as I saw the play I thought it would make an exciting movie,“ said Polanski. “It's a challenge to make a film in real time, without a single ellipse.”

It is being produced by Said Ben Said through SBS Productions and is set up as French-German-Polish co-production between SBS Productions, Constantin Film Produktion and SPI Poland.

ICM is repping sales of the movie in the U.S. and Canada with SBS handling international sales.
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/kate-winslet-jodie-foster-shooting-95694
    underPressure
    underPressure

Humor : What..what…what difference does it make WHERE you buy underwear? It is underwear where ever you buy it! Charlie Babbitt

Post  underPressure Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:00 pm

Sounds like it would have been a fabulous play, too.

John C. Reilly, I think, will be great with Jodie. I didn't know they'd made any kind of movie from "We Need to Talk About Kevin." I had BIG problems with that book, as I read it. Has anyone seen that?
    Artful_Dodger
    Artful_Dodger

Post  Artful_Dodger Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:21 am

Not the movie, and now I guess maybe I won't read the book either.
    Eugene
    Eugene
    Admin

Post  Eugene Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:57 am

Artful_Dodger
    Artful_Dodger

Post  Artful_Dodger Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:01 pm

Coming soon!
    Eugene
    Eugene
    Admin

Carnage  Empty Roman Polanski Picks up German Funding for 'Carnage'

Post  Eugene Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:16 pm

COLOGNE, Germany -- Roman Polanski has picked up $348,000 (€250,000) in production funding for Carnage, his adaptation of Yasmina Reza’s play God of Carnage starring Kate Winslet, Jodie Foster, Christoph Waltz and John C. Reilly from regional subsidy body the FFF Bayern.

The film, currently shooting in Paris, is the story of two couples who meet to discuss a schoolyard brawl between their sons and end up in a furious debate over life, civilization and society. Germany’s Constantin Film is co-producing together with France’s SBS Productions and Poland’s SPI.

But the FFF’s biggest checks went to locals, with Marcus H. Rosenmuller picking up $1.2 million (€850,000) towards his new Bavarian dramedy St. Daisy and Bora Dagtekin getting the same amount for Turkish For Beginners, the feature film version of his International Emmy-winning sitcom.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/roman-polanski-picks-up-german-163826
    Eugene
    Eugene
    Admin

Carnage  Empty First Pic From Polanski's Carnage

Post  Eugene Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:38 am

Carnage  0c43c1aff9da78daff9aa314782507f7Carnage  50e3ce86f63f1101745a15d7bdbb028f

Off-screen trials and tribulations aside, the prospect of a new Roman Polanski film is always mouthwatering - and we're delighted to bring to you the first pictures from the Polish maestro's new film, the all-star drama Carnage.

Formerly known as God Of Carnage, but presumably renamed once it was decided that geeks wouldn't mistakenly pay to see the movie in the belief that it's about a terrible Spider-Man villain, Carnage boasts a frankly stunning cast in the shape of Jodie Foster, John C. Reilly, Kate Winslet and Christoph Waltz. They play two couples who come together one evening to discuss the behaviour of their children, only for things to quickly become heated.

Sounds like a breeding ground for heated exchanges and award-level performances, and maybe a return to the sort of dark, claustrophobic, internalised material that is perfect for Polanski, but when we spoke to Foster recently, she said it might not be quite as serious as expected. "It all happens in real-time, so it’s about an hour and 45 minutes of negotiation between two sets of parents and how it all falls apart," she said. "Kind of like Who’s Afraid Of Virginia Woolf?, but a little funnier. There’s a lot of wit.”

We've got three pictures from the film. The first, an official still, shows Foster (as Penelope), Reilly (as her husband, Michael), Winslet (as Nancy) and Waltz (as her husband, Alan), presumably before things turn sour. Then there's a shot of Polanski in full-on director mode and, finally, a neat pic of four director's chairs. Not sure who they belong to, though.

The movie was co-written by Polanski, and shot - as is his wont - entirely in Paris over a brisk five week period from February. It's currently in post-production and, if that takes about as long as the shoot, expect to see this one out by the end of the year, in time for Oscar contention.

Chris Hewitt

click here
    Artful_Dodger
    Artful_Dodger

Post  Artful_Dodger Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:39 am

Very Happy More pics!

Thanks, Eugene. hugs
    Eugene
    Eugene
    Admin

Post  Eugene Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:18 am

Carnage  Bb221a843635e8ccfb50314c4c3e9838
    Artful_Dodger
    Artful_Dodger

Post  Artful_Dodger Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:54 pm

Thanks, Eugene. hugs
    Eugene
    Eugene
    Admin

Post  Eugene Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:07 pm

Carnage  A3c33d6b3d62ea4ad1684a3db3c6b75a

Alan, do something! mmm laugh

Last edited by Eugene on Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:41 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Artful_Dodger
    Artful_Dodger

Post  Artful_Dodger Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:36 am

Oh, yeah!!! Very Happy king

Can't wait!!! lala
    silverline
    silverline

Humor : 8

Post  silverline Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:10 pm

cxf
    silverline
    silverline

Post  silverline Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:21 pm

Carnage does not have a UK release date yet but it will premiere at the London film fesatival next month. I will try to get a ticket!! cxf
    Artful_Dodger
    Artful_Dodger

Post  Artful_Dodger Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:25 am

Ooooh! You're so lucky!
    Mario
    Mario

Humor : You know when your sitting in a chair and you lean back so you're on just 2 legs and you almost fall over and at the last second you catch yourself? I feel like that all the time.

Post  Mario Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:08 am

Here, you can have my ticket...She broke up with me when she heard I was playing with other people's feelings.
    Artful_Dodger
    Artful_Dodger

Post  Artful_Dodger Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:58 pm

Shocked confused
    silverline
    silverline

Post  silverline Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:31 pm

eh? who?

confused
    silverline
    silverline

Post  silverline Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:44 pm

Well to give you an idea on how well anticipated Carnage is
    i must tell you that all tickets for all 3 screening at the London Film Festival have been sold out. And this only to members on pre booking. The general public tickets for the festival go on sale tomorrow.

Carnage is the only film showing at the lff which is already sold out, the others aren't. The website says that it is likely stand by tickets will be available at the theatre half hour before the screening. How many chances have i got? :zeb:

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 6:39 pm