Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bugsy Malone (1976)

Eugene
    Eugene
    Admin

Bugsy Malone (1976) Empty Bugsy Malone (1976)

Post  Eugene Thu May 06, 2010 10:22 pm

Bugsy Malone (1976) 78751e1d6418
    Bugsy Malone (1976)
    Directed by Alan Parker
    Produced by Alan Marshall
    Written by Alan Parker
    Paul Williams (Lyrics)
    Starring Scott Baio
    Florrie Dugger
    Jodie Foster
    John Cassisi
    and Martin Lev
    as Dandy Dan
    Music by Paul Williams
    Cinematography Peter Biziou
    Michael Seresin
    Editing by Gerry Hambling
    Studio Rank Organisation
    Goodtimes Enterprises
    Robert Stigwood Organisation
    Distributed by Fox-Rank (UK)
    Paramount Pictures (USA)
    Release date(s) September 15, 1976 (USA)
    Running time 93 min.
    Country United Kingdom
    Language English
    Budget £1 million

Here's the basic "shtick" of Bugsy Malone: it's a gangster picture enacted by children. Acted out before scaled-down sets, the film details the career of Bugsy Malone (Scott Baio), who rises to the top of the criminal ladder in 1920s New York. Whenever gunfire is called for, the kiddie crooks substitute whipped cream for bullets. Paul Williams contributes several songs, which are performed by adult singers and lip-synched by the pint-sized actors. The cast includes John Cassisi as diminutive Capone clone Fat Sam, and then-13-year-old Jodie Foster as the sultry nightclub thrush Tallulah. ~ Hal Erickson, All Movie Guide

Bugsy Malone (1976) 7e830c4ee5bd Bugsy Malone (1976) 6e843e1be282 Bugsy Malone (1976) 5d1ebd44a3f9 Bugsy Malone (1976) 4f8f7a909657
    Does anybody know who sings this song?
    Anonymous

Bugsy Malone (1976) Empty Re: Bugsy Malone (1976)

Post  Guest Fri May 07, 2010 1:09 am

To some surprise I don´t like it. I´m no rigid puritan and this is by no way a ´musical for pervs´ as somewhere else stated. But the idea of making a kids-playing-mobsters film and exposing children as objects the way it´s done with these nightclub dancers is a self-contradiction. Sorry, I can´t watch Tallulah and her sisters without thinking about what intentions the directors might have had. I know it´s very popular to present day in the US, school plays and so on. So maybe I was wrong.

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:34 am