Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Stealing home 1988

Eugene
    Eugene
    Admin

Stealing home 1988 Empty Stealing home 1988

Post  Eugene Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:23 pm

Stealing home 1988 Daffcf3a84c3
    Stealing Home is a 1988 movie, starring Mark Harmon, Jodie Foster, Jonathan Silverman, and Harold Ramis. The film is directed by Steven Kampmann and William Porter.
    Stealing home 1988 B330edb3836cStealing home 1988 333b1f397deb

The storytelling device of the flashback gets an intense workout in this tragic coming-of-age drama. Mark Harmon stars as washed-up baseball player Billy Wyatt, who is shocked when he receives news that his childhood sweetheart and friend Katie Chandler (Jodie Foster) has committed suicide and left the disposal of her ashes to his judgment. Although Billy and Katie have not kept in touch through the years, he has always carried a torch for her, his first love. On his way home, Billy recalls his past associations with the free-spirited Katie: their first meeting, the time they made love, and conversations they had, mostly during summers at the New Jersey shore. Billy also remembers the adolescent mischief he got into with his best friend, Alan Appleby (played by Jonathan Silverman in the flashbacks, Harold Ramis in the present-day), like when each of them ended up sleeping with other's prom date. Billy finally decides to cast Katie's ashes to the wind in the place where they were happiest, by the seashore).(The film plot is set in the Philadelphia area and the New Jersey shore ). Stealing home 1988 B1be26bdafbe

Katie Chandler: See that's all I want to do Billy-Boy. I want to leap of this pier and fly high in the air with hang with the wind and drift through the clouds, and at night, with the Moon full and the sea wild, I meet my lover high on a cliff and we'd swoop down into the ocean and swim all the way touch the bottom up through the dark water and break the surface. Then we'd fly to Jamaica for Pina Colatas... God, I wish I could do that.

Stealing home 1988 95f381a54f90 Stealing home 1988 E7ab121a646f

Last edited by Eugene on Sat May 22, 2010 5:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Artful_Dodger
    Artful_Dodger

Stealing home 1988 Empty Re: Stealing home 1988

Post  Artful_Dodger Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:54 pm

She should have got nominated for that role that year too.
    Eugene
    Eugene
    Admin

Post  Eugene Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:45 pm

Stealing home 1988 ROQvHZaq1OoguvIEKcqPu1n2D6znhASbc6qLniR7QDkYXwYBWg0BS4pu9K4WgO5NFPMXR576U-_wz314PMg1gA
    Last year, a Chestnut Hill home where the 1988 Jodie Foster movie, Stealing Home, was filmed hit the market. The 7,000-square-foot home is still for sale, but is now being offered for $355,000 less.

Now listed for about $1.8 million, the Lynnebrook Lane home was used for one scene in Stealing Home, where Foster starred alongside Mark Harmon. The scene was filmed in the backyard, where Foster dove to the bottom of the pool to touch the drain.

“[The film] was something that we would frequently hear about from people who had been there at the house when it was done,” Jeannine Cattie, the current owner, told us last year. “The previous owner would entertain often and many people got a chance to see it being filmed.”

While there was only one scene filmed at this home, many other parts of the movie were shot around Chestnut Hill.

Philly home in Jodie Foster movie for sale
    Ryan Howard about to sell Montco homeThe French-style country home, which is designated as “significant” by the Chestnut Hill Historical Society, was built in 1935 by Wiling, Sims & Talbutt, a prominent architectural firm at the time.

It has six bedrooms, five-and-a-half baths, a guest apartment, and a five-car garage. The home includes many original architectural details: concrete floors with inlaid brass, tall casement windows, and stone walls.

The current owners, who lived there for 17 years, completed many renovations, including fixing up the famous pool. They gutted the pool with new pipes, drains and a filtration plant, and laid stonework around the perimeter.
    Artful_Dodger
    Artful_Dodger

Post  Artful_Dodger Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:37 am

Wish I could buy it. Smile

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:19 pm