Jodie Foster will star in Drew Pearce’s feature directorial debut, the near-future crime thriller “Hotel Artemis.” Simon and Stephen Cornwell are producing for The Ink Factory, which will also…
Jodie Foster receives star on Hollywood Walk of Fame as Panic Room costar Kristen Stewart honors her with heartfelt speechThe Twilight star took to the podium and began: 'Jodie Foster was my favorite actress'

Latest topics

» Count 1 to 1000000
Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:29 pm by Artful_Dodger

» One Little Indian 1973
Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:31 am by Artful_Dodger

» Stealing home 1988
Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:37 am by Artful_Dodger

» Money Monster
Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:06 am by Artful_Dodger

» Jodie Foster's Movie's Nell and Panic Room
Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:18 pm by LostHeaven

»  FEMEN girl attacks MP
Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:10 pm by Eugene

» Meg Ryan
Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:44 am by Artful_Dodger

» Robert Downey Jr. campaigns for friends Mel Gibson and Jodie Foster
Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:59 am by Artful_Dodger

» Butler
Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:23 am by Artful_Dodger

Last movie you watched

Artful_Dodger

Re: Last movie you watched

Post  Artful_Dodger on Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:32 am

Laughing
    Leslie

Humor : Yes, she's quite funny.

Post  Leslie on Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:38 am

Thanks for the inspiration django! I saw The Book of Eli a coupla times last week. Fantastic look with the sephia color effect, great writing, acting, cinematography, and an absolutely hilarious scene when you least expected it! Very moving and thought provoking. It made me look within and examine my faith. Could I live completely by faith as Eli does? Denzel is well, what you've come to expect from Denzel. He was excellent!
    underPressure

Humor : What..what…what difference does it make WHERE you buy underwear? It is underwear where ever you buy it! Charlie Babbitt

Post  underPressure on Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:56 pm

Don't miss this one:

The Kids Are Alright
    Trailer
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgwjTy_cohg

Just a little bit from Wikipedia (don't want to spoil the whole thing for ya'):

"Jules (Julianne Moore) and Nic (Annette Bening) are a lesbian couple living in California. It is not made clear if they are legally married, though Jules refers to herself as "married". They have each given birth to a child using the same anonymous sperm donor. Within the relationship, Nic, an obstetrician, is the primary breadwinner and the stricter parent, while Jules is more laid back and lives as a housewife, but, after a business failure, is starting up a landscape business. While the couple is happy, and the family functioning well, it is also clear that their relationship has begun to go stale.

The younger child Laser (Josh Hutcherson) is eager to find his biological father, but has to be 18 to find identity of the sperm donor. However, he begs his 18-year-old sister Joni (Mia Wasikowska) to contact the sperm bank in order to meet their biological father, Paul (Mark Ruffalo). The first meeting goes well. Joni is impressed by his bohemian lifestyle and Paul is enthusiastic about being in their lives. Joni swears Laser to secrecy as she does not want to upset their two mothers. However, Jules and Nic are concerned about Laser's best friend Clay (who uses drugs, torments animals, and does dangerous skateboard tricks) being unsuitable for him, especially if, perhaps, it is a gay relationship. When they question him, he thinks they discovered about Paul, and admits that he and Joni have visited him. Not wanting to be left out of this new development, Jules and Nic invite Paul over to dinner. The atmosphere is awkward but amiable. When Jules reveals that she has a landscape business, Paul offers to let her landscape his back garden. Jules agrees, although Nic does not like the idea."

The rest is at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Kids_Are_All_Right_(film)

It's more realistic than just about any other "family" picture I've seen in quite sometime. :sk:
    Leslie

Post  Leslie on Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:33 am

The Kids Are All Right is a very good film! I saw this one the weekend it opened in theatres with a group of girlfriends who happen to be gay. I agree, it seemed very realistic, with wonderful performances by all. movie
    underPressure

Humor : What..what…what difference does it make WHERE you buy underwear? It is underwear where ever you buy it! Charlie Babbitt

Post  underPressure on Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:07 am

I just saw "The Last Exorcism" this past weekend, and even though it descended into blatant plagiarism of "The Blair Witch Project" at the end, I thought that up until that point, it was very well written. It even took a coupla' clues from "An American Haunting", which I am also a fan of. Kudos to Sissy Spacek for getting that one done in a way that makes great sense to many "born for horror" fans.

I think I may have seen "Coal Miner's Daughter" for the 50th time, this weekend as well. The Michael Apted ("Nell" director) does such a brilliant job with that endeavor, and elicits great performances from Jones and Spacek, as well. My god… Is Levon Helm awesome, or WHAT???? Go watch Phillip Kaufman's "The RIght Stuff," too, before you answer!

I guess I'm one of those people Ricky Gervais should gouge for being a 70's freak. God, he was so FUNNY the other night at Golden Globes…..

You know, if ROBERT DOWNEY, JR were still hanging out with Jodie, occasionally, he might remember that he has great comedic improvisational skills. He could have said "Hey, Rick! You're so rich and famous now…. Can't you afford a bit of orthodontic work on those vampire cuspids??????? But NO…… He's such a BIG STAR NOW. If it weren't for Jodie, he'd be under the bridge downtown…...
    Leslie

Post  Leslie on Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:13 pm

I thought Ricky was an ass hosting the Golden Globes. WAY too snarky and just mean. You can accomplish the same thing with humor, I didn't find him funny. But I knew that going in, I just don't care for his brand of humor. s
    underPressure

Post  underPressure on Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:38 pm

I'm just glad he wasn't introducing Jodie….. :cr:
    Eugene
    Admin

Post  Eugene on Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:19 pm

I watched Black Swan today. This is a really good movie. sm36
    I recommend to watch it if you have not seen it.

Artful_Dodger

Post  Artful_Dodger on Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:19 pm

Yeah, I have that on my list to see. Hmm, maybe this weekend. Smile
    Leslie

Post  Leslie on Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:38 am

I loved Black Swan! Wonderful performances by Natalie Portman and Mela Kunis! I love the music from Swan Lake as well, so that was a bonus for me!! I think Natalie will win an Oscar for her performance, but we'll have to wait and see...
    underPressure

Post  underPressure on Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:18 am

"Welcome to the Ripleys"

Highly recommend.

Eugene
    Admin

Post  Eugene on Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:44 pm

I have not found "Welcome to the Ripleys".sm115 Maybe Rileys?

underPressure

Post  underPressure on Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:06 am

Oh, yeah. Sorry. I think that's it. Anyway, it's great whatever it is!
    Eugene
    Admin

Post  Eugene on Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:14 pm

Immediately after viewing the film I thought that the plot is fairly simple but analyzed each episode of this movie I realized that Doug is not a good-natured fat man. The filmmakers tell us: "Turn on your brains and open your eyes. " They give us clues in every scene that Doug is a horny greedy maniac who wants to drag in his nets a girl from a strip bar. dream
    Thanks Django. s

Artful_Dodger

Post  Artful_Dodger on Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:41 pm

I have to see this film.
    Artful_Dodger

Post  Artful_Dodger on Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:01 pm

But do you recommend the film too, Eugene? Is it good or bad with Doug like that?
    Eugene
    Admin

Post  Eugene on Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:37 pm

I do not know what to say. If you're a fan of Kristen Stewart, you should. Each of us looks to the same thing for different ways . It will be interesting to know your opinion about this film
    I noticed that Kristen does not know how to smoke even though her character is often smokes.

underPressure

Post  underPressure on Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:48 pm

Eugene wrote:Immediately after viewing the film I thought that the plot is fairly simple but analyzed each episode of this movie I realized that Doug is not a good-natured fat man. The filmmakers tell us: "Turn on your brains and open your eyes. " They give us clues in every scene that Doug is a horny greedy maniac who wants to drag in his nets a girl from a strip bar. dream
    Thanks Django. s

I'm kind of lost on this description. I didn't get that at all. He was a man who was despondent over the death of his daughter. I guess everyone has a hard time forgetting Tony Soprano when they see James Gandolfini. It was his performance and Melissa Leo's that keep you glued to the story. Kristen did what she was supposed to do, but it's not a great feature for her. She's still emoting that "I'm lost without you" persona that she has done so well. Ally Sheedy has a nice, scary cameo in the film, too. (lol, you just have to see it.)
    underPressure

Post  underPressure on Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:52 pm

….Immediately after viewing the film I thought that the plot is fairly simple but analyzed each episode of this movie I realized that Doug is not a good-natured fat man.

"A good-natured fat man???" Quoi?

sm74

Eugene
    Admin

Post  Eugene on Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:56 pm

jojodjango wrote: He was a man who was despondent over the death of his daughter. I guess everyone has a hard time forgetting ...
    And what? He found the lover of five years younger than his wife. Cool. Vivian mysteriously dies. Heart attack? Well, of course. He travels to New Orleans and seeks solace in strip club. Wow!Great!
    to be continued...

Artful_Dodger

Post  Artful_Dodger on Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:04 am

sm115 I better watch the movie.
    Eugene
    Admin

Post  Eugene on Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:57 pm

lol!

Artful_Dodger

Post  Artful_Dodger on Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:54 pm

pop
    underPressure

Post  underPressure on Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:38 pm

Artful_Dodger

Post  Artful_Dodger on Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:20 am

I'll miss you DJ. :zo:

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:26 pm