Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Ironside 1972

Eugene
    Eugene
    Admin

Ironside 1972 Empty Ironside 1972

Post  Eugene Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:23 pm

Ironside 1972 A8c2110d0483
    "Ironside" Bubble, Bubble, Toil and Murder (1972)

Director:Christian I. Nyby II
    Writers:Sy Salkowitz (writer)
    Collier Young (creator)
    TV Series:"Ironside" (1967)
    Original Air Date:3 February 1972 (Season 5, Episode 21)
    Genre:Crime | Drama |

Cast (Episode Credited cast)
    Raymond Burr ... Robert T. Ironside
    Don Galloway ... Det. Sgt. Ed Brown
    Don Mitchell ... Mark Sanger
    Elizabeth Baur ... Fran Belding
    rest of cast listed alphabetically:
    Paul Carr ... Gerald Barker
    Jodie Foster ... Pip Barker

This episode marks the only known instance in which future Oscar-winner Jodie Foster shared screen time (after a fashion) with Twilight Zone creator Rod Serling!. The ten-year-old Foster is cast as Pip Baker, the daughter of Chief Ironside's friends Gerald and Carol Barker (Paul Carr, Anne Whitfield). Morbidly fascinated with witchcraft and the occult, little Pip is convinced that she has cast a spell upon her parents' nasty landlord, causing the man's death. Later on, however, the police arrest a mentally challenged adult named Billy (Lee Paul) for the murder. Certain that neither Pip nor Billy is the guilty party, Ironside launches his own investigation, which at one point brings him in contact with a certain Mr. Thyros (Serling!), the black-clad owner of a "Witches'" store. ~ Hal Erickson,

Ironside 1972 7c03cf5358acIronside 1972 8a1b78776efcIronside 1972 1b239c6c2a91Ironside 1972 E821d4822fd1
    Artful_Dodger
    Artful_Dodger

Ironside 1972 Empty Re: Ironside 1972

Post  Artful_Dodger Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:00 pm

I have got to learn French... and soon. Smile
    Eugene
    Eugene
    Admin

Post  Eugene Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:26 pm

English and French it is the same for me ...I don't understand one nor the other. Jodie,,,That's all. sm36
    Anonymous

Post  Guest Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:18 pm

Speaking of Jodie and French...

Jodie dans un autre film français? Mais oui, pourqui pas?

Are there any American actors or actresses you're interested in working with?

Jean-Pierre Jeunet: So many. I just spoke two days ago with Jodie Foster and she would like to shoot in French. So many times [I've heard] Forest Whitaker wants to shoot with me but after awhile there's frustration like, "Why not? Why not?". I love Emma Thompson.

Tribeca 2010 Interview with Jean-Piere Jeunet (A Very Long Engagement)

PS: I had to learn French at school (I had it 7 years) because of our French speaking part. But my French is not good because I have never really used/needed it. I prefer English.
    Artful_Dodger
    Artful_Dodger

Post  Artful_Dodger Sat May 01, 2010 12:42 am

Still, your French is way better then mine. Seven years beats none anyday. Sad
    Eugene
    Eugene
    Admin

Post  Eugene Sat May 01, 2010 9:51 am

Claudia, I know that you have five official languages in Switzerland. How do you understand each other? sm115
    Anonymous

Post  Guest Sat May 01, 2010 1:40 pm

We have four official languages plus Swiss German is just the way we talk. Yes, maybe we could see it as fifth language.

Well, unless you learn the other languages you can't communicate with them/understand them. As simple as that. Wink

Switzerland's four official languages, traditionally spoken in different regions of the country, are German, French, Italian and Rumantsch [sometimes also transcribed as Romansh, Romansch, Rhaeto-Romanic or even Romance.]

Ironside 1972 Map-languages-switzerland

We from the (Swiss) German speaking part have to learn French at school. I'm not sure if the people from the French speaking part learn German at school. They systems are very different.

Also we speak Swiss German which is a dialect and have to learn German at school too. We don't really write in Swiss German but in German. We read in German. Everything is in German except for our talking.

Every part has its on Swiss TV channels but obviously the German speaking part is more oriented to Germany, the French speaking part to France and the Italian speaking part to Italy. The same with magazines and newspapers. We can buy tons of German magazines here next to our Swiss magazines/newspapers.

The fourth part (Rumantsch) is the smallest, and they just try to keep the language as a tradition. Young people don't learn it anymore really, it depends on the parents and if they talk Rumantsch with their kids.
    Artful_Dodger
    Artful_Dodger

Post  Artful_Dodger Sat May 01, 2010 1:48 pm

It's always sad to hear that they no longer teach a language. Languages are so very rich in history and tradition. I hope we never have one world language at the expense of all the others. Sad
    Eugene
    Eugene
    Admin

Post  Eugene Sat May 01, 2010 4:09 pm

Claudia wrote:Swiss German is just the way we talk...
    We from the (Swiss) German speaking part have to learn French at school. I'm not sure if the people from the French speaking part learn German at school. They systems are very different.
    If they don't learn German at school, how do you communicate with each other. I don't understand.
    Anonymous

Post  Guest Sat May 01, 2010 6:24 pm

What's a bit sad but true is, that the people from the French speaking part think everbody from the German speaking part speaks French anyway so that they don't have to learn German.

They "almost expect" from us (Swiss German speaking people) that we talk to them in French.

This has always been a controversy. We on the other hand think the people from the French speaking part are a bit lazy when it comes to work, etc., like they have a bit the mentality from the countries in the South where everything is a bit slower, etc.

When we have ballots/votes the results couldn't be more different between the two parts. In general the French speaking people in Switzerland seem to be more open-minded compared to the Swiss German speaking people. They always say we are anti-everything when it comes to politics, etc..

People think we all should learn English so we can communicate in English together and this would solve the "problem". It's not really a problem but some people like to make one out of almost nothing.

The Italian speaking part always feels a bit like the outsider who watches the "contest" between the French speaking part and the German speaking part. We don't have to learn Italian though. The Italian part is really small (it's just one Canton or County as people in the US would say) compared to the other two.
    Eugene
    Eugene
    Admin

Post  Eugene Sat May 01, 2010 8:31 pm

Thanks for the detailed information, Claudia
    Artful_Dodger
    Artful_Dodger

Post  Artful_Dodger Sun May 02, 2010 9:17 pm

Yes, that was very interesting. I learned something new. Thank you.
    Anonymous

Post  Guest Tue May 04, 2010 3:12 am

A nice new Jodie forum finally! Congrats!

I came here from Jodie News.

Surf some JF videos on YT and you´ll find my comments and replies nearly everywhere. In the mood between obsession (and mean not the ´81 way) and nostalgia for quite a while, it happens that I (re)discover all those nice tv moments Jodie gave us with her god-given talent. When these films aired the first time I was way too young to notice her acting entirely. But what I remember from my childhood days was that this person impressed my deeply and these memories are ineradicable up to now.

In case you wonder about my nick, yes, I posted these clips on YT after I stumbled over them on a jap video platform. The french dubbing is not so hard to understand with a little help from my old dictionary. And this voice is very nice.

Now watch closely at app. 4:00. There is a little sequence, just a glimbse of what I call a ´Contact´ moment. And this is just one of many possible examples. You can recognize Panic Room moments or Sommersby moments in nearly all her early works, what is very funny. So, this girl developed her standard repertoire pretty early and simply kept it.

wreckage3001

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:38 pm