Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Cristiano
underPressure
Leslie
7 posters

The Beaver

Leslie
    Leslie

Humor : Yes, she's quite funny.

The Beaver - Page 2 Empty Re: The Beaver

Post  Leslie Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:30 am

A "spring 2011" release. They (IMO) need to talk more about Jodie Foster directing and starring in The Beaver along with Mel. Hopefully by spring, Mel's troubles will have more or less blown over. People need to get a life and get off Mel's back.
    Artful_Dodger
    Artful_Dodger

Post  Artful_Dodger Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:25 pm

I think people need to stop focusing so much on Mel too. It is a Jodie Foster movie!
    Eugene
    Eugene
    Admin

Post  Eugene Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:09 am

Artful_Dodger wrote:I think people need to stop focusing so much on Mel too. It is a Jodie Foster movie!
    sm75
    The Beaver - Page 2 F7350dddff17d5d100b31888455380d7
    Eugene
    Eugene
    Admin

The Beaver - Page 2 Empty 'The Beaver' booked

Post  Eugene Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:46 pm

Distributor Summit Entertainment has announced that Mr. Gibson's comic drama "The Beaver" will open in limited release March 23 and expand to more theaters April 8.

The film has been in limbo amid Mr. Gibson's custody battle with ex-girlfriend Oksana Grigorieva, who claims he physically abused her.

"The Beaver" is directed by Jodie Foster and stars Mr. Gibson as a troubled family man trying to cope with help from an unusual friend -- a beaver puppet he wears on his hand.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10354/1112071-60.stm?cmpid=newspanel0#ixzz18ewUJWhF

movie
    Artful_Dodger
    Artful_Dodger

Post  Artful_Dodger Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:10 pm

Soon, soon... hugs
    underPressure
    underPressure

Humor : What..what…what difference does it make WHERE you buy underwear? It is underwear where ever you buy it! Charlie Babbitt

Post  underPressure Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:13 am

Leslie wrote:"Coming Soon" I'm hoping that after the first of the year they can release this film. It's telling, the scene where Jodie tells Mel that she has fought for him and will continue to fight for him because she loves him. Is that art imitating life?

It sounds like one of those "unfortunate" symmetrical, synchronistic happenings that all together may have spooked everyone involved to such a point that they decided to hold back on a release date. Can't we all imagine how the cynical, sadistic critics would spin that scene? And yet, it must be pivotal to the film, or it could have easily been edited out (especially from the trailer!)

You know JF has the brilliance to leave it in….. And the talent to have audiences so caught up in the story (once they see the film) that they will realize that for the people who are involved in this project….. ART is actually THAT important to the living of our lives: in seeing our own reflections, and finally being honest with ourselves about our own vulnerabilities; our own FRAGILITY. Believe me. All humans have it, whether they can deal with that fact, or not.

For those who've never dealt with "embarrassing" situations with loved ones, or even themselves, concerning just how thin the line is between sanity and "that other place," it is terrifying to the point that comedy is the most predictable vestige of sanctuary the masses will typically run to - to keep from having to contemplate their own fragility.

I cannot wait to see this film. She stayed behind the camera in Home for the Holidays, and in Little Man Tate, she was almost overexposed. It seems as though she's almost directing through her acting in the scenes from the trailer. In any case, she's such a gem for those of us who know she has many more things to say through her art.

I know this sounds a little morbid, but since I'm one year younger than JF, I actually hope I die before she does. I have been such an admirer and have always counted on her commentary to contemplate my own choices and my own life. I don't plan on it ANYTIME SOON. And god knows, she's taking better care of herself than I have been in the last 5 years.

I hope that doesn't sound as looney tooney as I think it does, but thank god, I don't really give a damn!!!!
    Artful_Dodger
    Artful_Dodger

Post  Artful_Dodger Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:23 pm

The holidays are such a time of reflection for you, django. It's a shame it doesn't happen a little more often. It would be nice to see more of you on around here.

Merry Christmas. hugs
    Eugene
    Eugene
    Admin

Post  Eugene Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:11 pm

Who knows what is normal and what is not...
    underPressure
    underPressure

Humor : What..what…what difference does it make WHERE you buy underwear? It is underwear where ever you buy it! Charlie Babbitt

Post  underPressure Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:12 pm

happy holidays to you, too!
    sn
    Artful_Dodger
    Artful_Dodger

Post  Artful_Dodger Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:37 am

dri all
    Eugene
    Eugene
    Admin

Post  Eugene Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:53 am

The Beaver - Page 2 723b88350e1ab57d297e7eceeb06bef9 The Beaver - Page 2 930478f8ba2b35adcefaec2050f580aa
    Artful_Dodger
    Artful_Dodger

Post  Artful_Dodger Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:27 pm

Very Happy :hi:
    Artful_Dodger
    Artful_Dodger

Post  Artful_Dodger Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:29 pm

I so can't wait for this movie!
    underPressure
    underPressure

Post  underPressure Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:20 pm

Yeah, me too.

I had a very good, (very smart,) friend the other day make the remark to me, "That movie just looks stupid." And I could not believe the way she sounded. As I made further inquiries, she's been really offended by Mel's crap. And I'm like…. WHY DO YOU CARE? He's a looney! But he can be a great artist!!!!!

I almost NEED to see the movie, now. I don't like getting to this condition. Laughing

(I've never found myself in a position to "not care" so much about someone who talks to a woman the way he has, no matter how justified or not. And granted, it's none of my bee's wax. However, I do know a little about what it's like to grow up in a certain "prejudiced" atmosphere, to have to put up with it, to have to stand up once and a while and go "CAN YOU HEAR YOURSELVES", and then go off in a private place, get drunk and spew the very same crap out of my mouth. It's not because "That's the REAL YOU," it's because we are all mimics, and it's human nature: CRAP IN, CRAP OUT. You can't believe that people allow themselves to continue to believe such bulls**t as heavy as denying there was ever a holocaust…. But they do. And they have children who know better, and do their best to live with the consequences of their parents' choices. I do think it has skewered Mel's viewpoint, and I had a bizarre reaction to seeing "The Passion", that made me see that Mel is trying to get beyond it, and I realized that I've had some of the same misinformation. I'm thinking this is one of the things that makes him a substantial artist, whom people take seriously enough to barbecue at every turn of his burning ego.

The continuing profoundly shallow reactions to his personal troubles are becoming quite odious to me.)
    Artful_Dodger
    Artful_Dodger

Post  Artful_Dodger Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:14 am

I can only hope more people will take that position, django.
    Eugene
    Eugene
    Admin

The Beaver - Page 2 Empty Jodie Foster's 'Beaver' delayed again

Post  Eugene Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:20 pm

Tuesday, February 8 2011, 10:51 GMT
    By Simon Reynolds
    Summit Entertainment has again pushed back the US release of Jodie Foster's The Beaver, says Coming Soon.

The comedy, which stars Mel Gibson as a man who believes his beaver sock puppet is real, has had its big screen date moved from March 23 to May 6 for a limited cinema run Stateside. It will then expand to a wider release on May 20.

The fate of The Beaver has been in the balance after tapes of an enraged Gibson yelling at his former partner Oksana Grigorieva were leaked online.

The Beaver had previously been slated for a UK cinema release this weekend, but the comedy has since disappeared from the Film Distributors' Association schedule.
    http://www.digitalspy.com/movies/news/a302651/jodie-fosters-beaver-delayed-again.html
    Artful_Dodger
    Artful_Dodger

Post  Artful_Dodger Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:19 am

*sigh* Well, so May it is then.
    Eugene
    Eugene
    Admin

Post  Eugene Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:48 am

The Beaver - Page 2 211The Beaver - Page 2 311The Beaver - Page 2 111
    World premiere of “The Beaver” at the Paramount Theatre.
    Artful_Dodger
    Artful_Dodger

Post  Artful_Dodger Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:23 pm

Even when she's sick she looks good. I love you
    Eugene
    Eugene
    Admin

Post  Eugene Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:30 pm

Artful_Dodger
    Artful_Dodger

Post  Artful_Dodger Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:38 pm

I know I wish I could have been there. *sigh*
    Eugene
    Eugene
    Admin

Post  Eugene Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:06 pm

Artful_Dodger
    Artful_Dodger

Post  Artful_Dodger Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:43 pm

Thanks, Eugene. hugs The Beaver is going to be a great film. She's just so knowledgeable about so many things.
    Eugene
    Eugene
    Admin

Post  Eugene Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:19 am

The Beaver - Page 2 D567fea0fe812883aade0aef65a73cf3
    Artful_Dodger
    Artful_Dodger

Post  Artful_Dodger Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:52 pm

I'd take that class again. Smile

Sponsored content