Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

THE LITTLE GIRL WHO LIVES DOWN THE LANE HD 2011

Mario
    Mario

Humor : You know when your sitting in a chair and you lean back so you're on just 2 legs and you almost fall over and at the last second you catch yourself? I feel like that all the time.

THE LITTLE GIRL WHO LIVES DOWN THE LANE HD 2011 Empty THE LITTLE GIRL WHO LIVES DOWN THE LANE HD 2011

Post  Mario Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:18 am

This is worth a new entry. Wink

>>A masterpiece of a cult movie. Thanks to everyone involved for making it real, especially Nicolas Gessner. Jodie Foster = Rynn.

For historical and educational purposes only.

Watch in HQ, video/audio enhanced with tools by Sony, Steinberg, Universal Audio.<<

I really love the new audio track. So many details they recorded are finally clearly audible. You can't let her shout MY HOUSE any louder than this without getting digital clipping. The little distortions you hear probably originate from the analog tape. In direct comparison with the DVD now the whole atmosphere is different as if a curtain was removed and you're like on the stage with the actors. Feels like being with her in this house.

As said elsewhere you should dl it soon due to the friends of (c) on YT.

Last edited by Mario on Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:31 am; edited 1 time in total
    Artful_Dodger
    Artful_Dodger

THE LITTLE GIRL WHO LIVES DOWN THE LANE HD 2011 Empty Re: THE LITTLE GIRL WHO LIVES DOWN THE LANE HD 2011

Post  Artful_Dodger Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:27 am

Thanks, Mario. hugs
    Mario
    Mario

Humor : You know when your sitting in a chair and you lean back so you're on just 2 legs and you almost fall over and at the last second you catch yourself? I feel like that all the time.

THE LITTLE GIRL WHO LIVES DOWN THE LANE HD 2011 Empty Re: THE LITTLE GIRL WHO LIVES DOWN THE LANE HD 2011

Post  Mario Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:34 am

This is all I can do for the best movie ever made.

Wish they would do a pro remaster like the amazing Taxi Driver BD.
    Artful_Dodger
    Artful_Dodger

Post  Artful_Dodger Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:06 am

I'll wish it for you too. tears
    Mario
    Mario

Post  Mario Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:41 pm

Can't believe a teacher wrote that... http://amhistnow.blogspot.com/2011/07/admirably-bad-girl.html

No wait, actually it's exactly what you expect from a teacher.

>>In an important sense, Little Girl is a feminist movie, in that it shows an empowered female acting effectively in her own interest. But it’s a grim form of feminism[...]<<

A thesis he can't substantiate and which is completely wrong anyway. Actually it tells something about this guys very own experiences with feminism if you ask me lol. Sorry, TLG is an emancipation movie. Emancipation, the act of setting free from the power of another, from dependence or controlling influence. I understand it's a sensitive topic, but this girl isn't so "little" anymore even if another reviewer writes about an 'pedophile' attacking her. Rynn is, as all of us at this age exactly between a child an adult. The interaction of both ends of the same character*** is what makes Jodie's Rynn so interesting and you can go with her through this time of transition during the film. There is nothing 'grim' about her actions, she does what she was told. But she discovers the consequences, and she discovers new feelings, feelings she can't allow herself at first. Even for an exceptional girl like Rynn there is one lesson to learn...
    Coming of age, first love, children rights that's TLG's bottom line.

*** just a quick example: playing with the hamster on her shoulder, she's all child. Later, when Officer Miglioriti drinks tea with her and she comes in, the camera following her walking through the whole room, then she sits down, this is completely grown up woman style, just look closely.
    Mario
    Mario

Post  Mario Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:11 pm

>>We enjoy watching her poker face as she outwits Sheen, anticipating that he would insist drinking her tea, which is the cup she’s poisoned.<<

We can't be sure about that.
    Artful_Dodger
    Artful_Dodger

Post  Artful_Dodger Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:31 pm

Now this movie I would like to see a sequel to. sm75 It would be awesome.
    silverline
    silverline

Humor : 8

Post  silverline Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:42 pm

I really liked this fascinatingly creepy film. I would have never watched it alone....well i didn't.
    I agree with what you say Mario about her transition from child to grown up as the film evolves.

As for the audio enhancements i can't compare because I have never watched it before. But yes, in Taxi Driver, which i have seen in so many different versions, i noticed some sounds and noises that i never noticed before and some other sounds were crispy clear when i watched it remastered just a month or so ago at the cinema.
    Mario
    Mario

Post  Mario Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:22 am

Artful_Dodger wrote:Now this movie I would like to see a sequel to. sm75 It would be awesome.

I hope this will never happen. As far as I know Koenig once wrote a sequel for one of the film's characters, but it's not Rynn...
    RynnJacobs
    RynnJacobs

Humor : 13 means you have no humor?

Post  RynnJacobs Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:25 am

A sequel?!?! For which character?
    Mario
    Mario

Post  Mario Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:41 pm

silverline wrote:I really liked this fascinatingly creepy film. I would have never watched it alone....well i didn't.
    I agree with what you say Mario about her transition from child to grown up as the film evolves.

As for the audio enhancements i can't compare because I have never watched it before. But yes, in Taxi Driver, which i have seen in so many different versions, i noticed some sounds and noises that i never noticed before and some other sounds were crispy clear when i watched it remastered just a month or so ago at the cinema.

I'm afraid you can't compare my home studio with the $$$ equipment Sony used for TD lol.
    An interesting detail might be that I did no de-noising. There's a lot of information hidden in the noise that would disappear. Not only the famous stomach growling or such. You can approx. detect where the mic was positioned. And you can hear pre-echoes, a typical magnetic tape effect resulting from the 'print-through' (the next layer of a audio tape on a reel is magnetized by the layer recorded before.)
    Artful_Dodger
    Artful_Dodger

Post  Artful_Dodger Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:56 pm

Too cool, Mario. hugs

And a sequel about Rynn of course. Don't you want to know how she made out? Did she beat them, the system, and how about her and Mario?

BTW - I really liked this movie, and I am just referring to the movie.
    Mario
    Mario

Post  Mario Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:39 am

>>Don't you want to know how she made out? Did she beat them, the system, and how about her and Mario?<<

No. I'm completely satisfied with the final scene.

Artful_Dodger
    Artful_Dodger

Post  Artful_Dodger Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:43 am

Hmm, maybe it's better then. This way she'll always have Mario.
    Mario
    Mario

Post  Mario Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:44 pm

I could have answered more poetic maybe. But words can hardly express the emotion from the last four minutes. Maybe you have to watch this scene more often to see there are no open questions.

Artful_Dodger
    Artful_Dodger

Post  Artful_Dodger Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:24 am

Okay, I'll re-watch it. hugs
    Mario
    Mario

Post  Mario Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:40 pm

THE LITTLE GIRL WHO LIVES DOWN THE LANE HD 2011 Rvmirror
    Artful_Dodger
    Artful_Dodger

Post  Artful_Dodger Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:15 am

Aren't you upset, Mario! No, I guess not. You're good at doing things on this Internet. All I had were these forums. Sad
    Mario
    Mario

Post  Mario Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:05 am

sorry for bothering you with this unique find.

you're not trying to blame me for an unreliable admin don't you.
    silverline
    silverline

Humor : 8

Post  silverline Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:19 am

Nobody is blaming you. Where did you get that from?
    The above posts only shows frustration. Some people like you or forum admins can do great stuff on the internet and their web pages. Some people like me can only watch and admire cos im a dummy with pc stuff and dont know where to find rare stuff. So i was just happy to read and view things. Some ppl dont have time. Now no more ij. Thats my interpretation of what AD wrote.
    Artful_Dodger
    Artful_Dodger

Post  Artful_Dodger Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:56 am

I'm just jealous of Mario. He can go around and not care if the forums are there or not. He does his own thing.

And no, I'm not blaming you, Mario, especially since John didn't even have the decency to explain why he was throwing the rest of us out into the street.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:51 am