Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Artful_Dodger
Eugene
6 posters

Elysium

Eugene
    Eugene
    Admin

Elysium  Empty Elysium

Post  Eugene Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:07 pm

Elysium(2013)

Director: Neill Blomkamp
    Writer: Neill Blomkamp (screenplay)
    Stars:Matt Damon, Jodie Foster and Sharlto Copley
    Artful_Dodger
    Artful_Dodger

Elysium  Empty Re: Elysium

Post  Artful_Dodger Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:51 pm

Wish everything wasn't so far off all the time, but it's always worth the wait.
    underPressure
    underPressure

Humor : What..what…what difference does it make WHERE you buy underwear? It is underwear where ever you buy it! Charlie Babbitt

Post  underPressure Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:02 pm

:qq:
    Eugene
    Eugene
    Admin

Post  Eugene Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:02 am

Artful_Dodger
    Artful_Dodger

Post  Artful_Dodger Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:58 pm

Smile
    underPressure
    underPressure

Humor : What..what…what difference does it make WHERE you buy underwear? It is underwear where ever you buy it! Charlie Babbitt

Post  underPressure Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:41 pm

Niiiiiiiiice! Very Happy
    underPressure
    underPressure

Post  underPressure Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:08 pm

But

http://www.slashfilm.com/jodie-foster-role-neill-blomkamps-elysium-deal/

Feb 4, 2011

Jodie Foster is working for Roman Polanski right now, acting in his new film God of Carnage, and it has been widely assumed that she’ll be one of the primary stars of Neill Blomkamp‘s second feature, Elysium, alongside Matt Damon and Sharlto Copley. But now the actress says that the deal isn’t quite set, which leads us to wonder if she’s moving away from the role, or if contracts are just taking some time.

She talked to Empire, responding to a question about her role in Elysium with,

Actually, I’m not on that movie! I don’t know how that got out there. Well, I’m not not on it, but I’m not booked or involved in a deal yet. People want to jump the gun on Neill because he’s the new David Fincher or whatever. And I get why – I love him and District 9 was my favourite film of 2009. But we’re just not at that time in the process yet…

Interesting answer. This is a woman who has been around a long time, so perhaps she’s just being quite matter of fact about the dealmaking process, and we should take this as nothing more than “we’re still hammering things out.” But it also sounds like she isn’t nearly as set for the role as we’d previously thought. One way or the other we should know soon, given that Elysium is reportedly set to shoot starting late this spring, with production kicking off in Vancouver before moving to Mexico.

Jodie Foster also talked about God of Carnage, which is based on the play by Yasmina Reza and stars John C. Reilly (as Foster’s husband), and Kate Winslet and Christophe Waltz as another couple.

The two couples have a child each, who fight each other on a playground. One of them gets hurt, so the parents go to the others’ house to have a negotiation. It all happens in real-time, so it’s about an hour and 45 minutes of negotiation between two sets of parents and how it all falls apart. Kind of like Who’s Afraid Of Virginia Woolf?, but a little funnier. There’s a lot of wit.
    underPressure
    underPressure

Post  underPressure Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:54 pm

That article came to me by way of Ameli, by the way.

Artful_Dodger
    Artful_Dodger

Post  Artful_Dodger Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:25 pm

jojodjango wrote:That article came to me by way of Ameli, by the way.

Tell her I said, Hi. :hi:
    Eugene
    Eugene
    Admin

Elysium  Empty William Fichtner Boards Sci-Fi Epic 'Elysium'

Post  Eugene Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:39 am

William Fichtner, the prolific character actor from “Drive Angry 3D” and “The Dark Knight,” is in final negotiations to join Neill Blomkamp’s sci-fi epic “Elysium," Variety's Jeff Sneider (@TheInSneider) exclusively reports. Fichtner will re-team with his “Contact” co-star Jodie Foster in a cast that includes Matt Damon and Blomkamp’s “District 9” hero Sharlto Copley. "Elysium" is said to be in the vein of "District 9," but on a much bigger scale. It's scheduled for release March 8, 2013.
    Artful_Dodger
    Artful_Dodger

Post  Artful_Dodger Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:06 pm

Smile I can see that being a good year now.
    Mario
    Mario

Humor : You know when your sitting in a chair and you lean back so you're on just 2 legs and you almost fall over and at the last second you catch yourself? I feel like that all the time.

Elysium  Empty shooting Elysium in Vancouver

Post  Mario Sun May 29, 2011 7:40 pm

http://www.vancouversun.com/entertainment/movie-guide/Matt+Damon+Jodie+Foster+shoot+alien+blockbuster+Vancouver+this+summer/4853886/story.html

Filming for Elysium in B.C. is scheduled to run from July 25 to Sept. 27.

Alice Braga is on board too...

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/archives/2011/05/29/alice_braga_joins_neill_blomkamps_elysium/

>>Damon will be playing an ex-con, Foster the leader of alien race

I knew it all the time she's not from this world.
    Artful_Dodger
    Artful_Dodger

Post  Artful_Dodger Mon May 30, 2011 2:45 pm

Smile
    Cristiano
    Cristiano

Humor : good

Post  Cristiano Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:48 pm

I'm thrilled with this future movie.
    silverline
    silverline

Humor : 8

Post  silverline Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:09 pm

sm75
    Eugene
    Eugene
    Admin

Post  Eugene Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:26 am

Damon joins Jodie Foster, Deigo Luna and Sharlto Copley in District 9 director Neill Blomkamp's upcoming, R-rated sci-fi project which is currently in production.

Not much else has been revealed about Elysium, other than a few comments by director Neill Blomkamp -- one in particular being that the film takes place 100 years in the future on another planet. It's star Matt Damon has said of the project "I've never done anything quite like this and I kind of responded to what's out there and what's in and what's good."Damon is portraying an ex-con and actor Wagner Moura will be the film’s main villain, who is described as having “a crazy sense of humor.” Jodie Foster will portray "a head of state on an alien planet" and it is not known what role William Fichtner will have. Carrying a $120 million budget and filming in both Vancouver, Canada and Mexico, Elysium is targeting a theatrical release date of March 8th, 2013.

Link
    Artful_Dodger
    Artful_Dodger

Post  Artful_Dodger Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:09 am

*sigh* So far away. But at least I have Carnage next month! Smile
    Eugene
    Eugene
    Admin

Post  Eugene Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:19 pm

Hey! Jodie was in New York and it was also so far away from you.Smile
    Artful_Dodger
    Artful_Dodger

Post  Artful_Dodger Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:35 pm

sed I know
    Eugene
    Eugene
    Admin

Elysium  Empty SDCC '12: More Photos Of 'ELYSIUM' Bugatti Futuristic Flying Vehicle

Post  Eugene Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:08 pm

In the year 2159 two classes of people exist: the very wealthy who live on a pristine man-made space station called Elysium, and the rest, who live on an overpopulated, ruined Earth. Secretary Rhodes (Jodie Foster), a hard the government official, will stop at nothing to enforce anti-immigration laws and preserve the luxurious lifestyle of the citizens of Elysium. That doesn’t stop the people of Earth from trying to get in, by any means they can. When unlucky Max (Matt Damon) is backed into a corner, he agrees to take on a daunting mission that if successful will not only save his life, but could bring equality to these polarized worlds.
    Elysium  Untitl24

Release Date: March 1, 2013
    Studio: Columbia Pictures (Sony)
    Director: Neill Blomkamp
    Screenwriter: Neill Blomkamp
    Starring: Matt Damon, Jodie Foster, Sharlto Copley, Wagner Moura, Alice Braga, Diego Luna
    Genre: Futuristic Thriller

link
    Artful_Dodger
    Artful_Dodger

Post  Artful_Dodger Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:05 pm

Very Happy yahoo Closer! We are getting closer! cxf

Thanks, Eugene. kiss
    Eugene
    Eugene
    Admin

Post  Eugene Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:25 am

Jodie Foster on Comic-Con, Clarice Starling, and Her Love of True Blood

Elysium  A_250x10
    Jodie Foster is at Comic-Con for the first time, and she's appropriately psyched. Foster's new project Elysium is her first sci-fi film since the 1997 Robert Zemeckis movie Contact, and it's one of the Con's most anticipated titles: Directed by District 9 helmer Neill Blomkamp, it casts Foster as the adversary to Matt Damon in a futuristic parable about immigration. Vulture sat down with the Oscar-winning actress earlier today to discuss the difference in sci-fi filmmaking since Contact, and Foster was game to talk about the lasting legacy of her work as Clarice in Silence of the Lambs, as well as her favorite guilty pleasure on TV: True Blood.

You did a lot of blue-screen work on your last sci-fi film Contact. Was it the same situation for Elysium?
    You know, they didn't have the same level of CGI then. Nobody could have been as high on technology as Bob Zemeckis was then, but that technology has changed so much in the last ten or fifteen years. To be able to make a film like Elysium in 80 days? That's crazy to me.

How so?
    It's just so much faster, and it allows you to be more spontaneous. I mean, in the days of Contact, I was all by myself doing green-screen work for four or five weeks. All by myself, no one else, for five weeks … and it was just for six or seven minutes of the film! That, now, is something you'd be able to get done in a day. Actually, you know what I really like about Comic-Con? I like the process of making a movie, of seeing something get built from an idea, but I was always worried for people to get to see that: I worried that the experience would be ruined if people got to see the seams. But it's so nice to be at Comic-Con with people who actually enjoy seeing that process, and in some ways, it actually makes them love the film more to see how you got from here to there.

Tell me about your character in Elysium. What's her relationship with Matt Damon like?
    Not good! She's the minister of this habitat, a political figure who's making decisions on who gets to come there and who doesn't. She's quite hawkish and right-wing, and also very elegant and sophisticated. And she's French!

She's French! Whose idea was that?
    It was my decision. It happens sometimes in sci-fi movies that it seems like every character is American, and you go, "Wait. This is a new planet; it should be pulling people from everywhere." And so Neill made an attempt to create a much more international environment, and we thought, "Why not have her be French?"

You said last year that you had a sci-fi thriller in mind to direct. What's the status of that?
    It didn't happen. I have a lot of things that I'm working on, and they almost never happen. It takes a lot to get a film off the ground.

Are you attracted to sci-fi in general?
    I don't know if this will be my genre. If it's right for the story I'm trying to tell, then yes, but I like personal films. Although Elysium is a personal film, and when you see it, you'll see that a lot of it is a very human story and it's very gritty. You think it's a CGI movie, but 75 percent of the movie is really, really gritty.

As was District 9. What did you make of that when you saw it?
    I think it's as close to a perfect movie as there is. And it came from the heart, which is something that Neill does in this genre that other people don't do. It's no accident that every single movie you're going to be talking about here is a franchise, based a TV show, or a remake, but this movie is completely original and completely from Neill's head. He didn't do District 9 II, you know? And he wouldn't want to do an Elysium II, either. That's just who he is.

Speaking of franchises: Did you hear that Lifetime is developing a Clarice Starling TV show?
    I've heard that. And a network show about Hannibal.

What do you make of the sudden surge of interest in those characters?
    [Shrugs] I don't make anything of it.

Do you think it's a testament to how iconic Silence of the Lambs continues to be?
    And that's why they want to remake it? Well, it was a big film. It's a good movie, a movie that tapped into the zeitgeist and the fears that people had so much that once they saw it, they couldn't pull themselves away from it. And that was true of why we were attracted to the book.

Did you ever see Ridley Scott's Silence sequel, Hannibal? Or would that have been just too strange?
    Oh no, I've seen them all!

Really? You saw the remake of Red Dragon, too?
    Yeah, yeah!

What was your take on those films?
    I mean, I don't really have an opinion on them, and certainly not for print, but they're [based on] great books. What I think is interesting is all the other movies that got made subsequent to that that didn't recognize what was great about Silence, you know? What was great about it was the point of view of this scared, small person who had been traumatized as a child. It wasn't about blood or gore or "Isn't this terrible, all of these terrible things?" There was a real goodness to that movie, and that's what a lot of those other movies didn't get. Although I do love Seven! For me, that's my favorite serial killer movie.

There have definitely been a lot of serial killer movies since.
    I remember at the time that I got involved with Silence I read some weird book that I pulled off the shelf at Doubleday about serial killers. And I was just obsessed and kept talking to people about it, and I talked to this guy who said, "You know, I just read this book that you should look at," and he gave me the name, and I immediately tracked down Silence and tried to buy the rights to it. And Orion [Pictures] had gotten to it first, but that's how I got involved with it.

I miss Orion. They put out four Best Picture winners in such a short time: Amadeus, Platoon, Dances With Wolves, and Silence of the Lambs.
    Yeah, we all do! We all miss it. They inspired other places. Yeah, they made some great movies, but they were not very good businessmen.

Comic-Con is the place where you go to celebrate the things that you're a total geek for. Is there anything you love that you fangirl out over?
    Well, I do love True Blood. I've seen every single episode, and I will rewatch every episode before I watch the new season, so I do love it. I guess that's my geeky side.

You should show up at their Comic-Con panel and ask a question!
    I should, right? What would I ask? "Why are you guys so great?" I don't know. Actually, I'm sure I would be like, "Why'd you have to go and do the fairies? The fairies were lame!" [Laughs]

Artful_Dodger
    Artful_Dodger

Post  Artful_Dodger Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:37 pm

cxf Awesome as ever! I love you I love you I love you

Thanks, Eugene!
    Eugene
    Eugene
    Admin

Post  Eugene Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:25 am

Matt Damon and Jodie Foster are Comic-Con virgins no more thanks to 'Elysium'

...When Garman asked Foster what she brought to the film, Damon laughed. "Jodie does a lot of the acting in the movie."

Foster laughed that off, though, and offered her own explanation. "I saw 'District 9' and thought it was a perfect movie. I wish I'd directed the damn film, and after I got over the jealousy, I knew I wanted to work with him. Luckily, the script had a girl in it, and it's about all sorts of things that are interesting to me, and it's great to see someone mix these big beautiful ideas with the very primitive gut-wrenching violence as well."

link
    Artful_Dodger
    Artful_Dodger

Post  Artful_Dodger Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:40 pm

So so cool! sm75

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:37 am